I’m sure you’ve all been there before – it’s late, you’re hungry, and a few cold tacos from Taco Bell are left in the fridge. But instead of resigning yourself to eating them out, why not try reheating them? It’s a lot easier than you might think. This blog post will show you the best way to reheat taco bells so they taste just as delicious as when you ordered them!
What is taco bell?
Taco Bell is an American chain of fast-food restaurants founded in 1962 by Glen Bell. Taco Bell serves a variety of Tex-Mex foods, including tacos, burritos, quesadillas, nachos, and other specialty items.
How to reheat taco bell?
You can reheat your taco bells in a few different ways, but I think the best way is in the oven.
How to reheat taco bell in the oven?
First, you have to prepare the taco bell for creation. As you know, taco bells are made by assembling different ingredients: shells, meat, or beans for vegetarian options, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.
Out of these ingredients, lettuce tomatoes are best when cold.
Preparing the taco bell for heating
- First, you have to separate the fillings from shells for best results.
- Keep lettuce and tomatoes, and sour cream aside to keep it cold.
- Heat the protein ( meat or beans) separately.
Let us first heat the shells.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap the taco shells in aluminum foil. Let the cream and cheese be in the shells.
- You can scoop out the cream and cheese if you want.
- Then, place the taco shells on a baking sheet and heat for about 12-15 minutes, or until heated.
- Once they feel crunchy, remove them from the oven.
How to reheat shells in the microwave?
Another great way to reheat your taco bell is in the microwave. Microwaves may not be the best option to heat taco shells, but it is the fastest. So when you are in a hurry and don’t have time to preheat the oven, the microwave is your best friend.
For hard shells, remove the toppings and fresh ingredients. But for soft shells, you can reheat the shells with all the fillings.
- Take a microwave-safe plate.
- Place them on a plate and heat for about 30-60 seconds, or until heated. I always start with 10 seconds of heating for most food items and increase the time as required.
- Heat only for a brief period, or the tacos may become stiff and chewy instead of crunch.
How do reheat the shells on the stove?
If you don’t want to heat the oven for one or two shells, the stovetop can do the job. It is my preferred method as you don’t need any preheating.
- Keep a non-stick pan on a gas stove.
- Put a small amount of oil on the pan and keep the taco shells on the pan.
- Cover with a lid. I use a glass lid for these types of tasks. You can see through what is happening to the food.
- Heat on low heat to avoid burning.
- Heat slowly and by turning sides, or it may burn.
- Remove from heat as soon as you feel that they are hot enough.
How to reheat fillings in the microwave?
You can heat the fillings in the microwave. It is as easy as placing them on a microwave-safe plate and heating for 10-20 seconds.
Remove from the microwave and start filling in the taco shells. Serve immediately for best results.
How to reheat taco fillings on the stove?
If you want to reheat the taco fillings, I recommend doing so in a skillet on the stove. Add a little oil to the pan and heat over medium heat until warm.
You can use any method to reheat the taco bells. Just remember to separate the fillings from taco shells. Fillings and toppings are best when heated separately from the shells.
Tips for reheating taco bell
- If you are reheating multiple taco shells, I recommend heating them in the oven rather than the microwave.
- You can reheat both hard and soft taco shells in the oven but I find that hard taco shells reheat better.
- Be careful not to overcook the taco shells, or they will become hard and chewy.
- Reheating taco shells and taco fillings on the stove is easy and only takes a few minutes.
- Be sure to remove the fresh ingredients from the taco shells before reheating.
- Serve immediately for best results.
Can you reheat taco bell burritos?
Yes, you can reheat taco bell burritos. It is best reheating them in the oven or on the stove.
To reheat in the oven.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and wrap the burrito in aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet and heat for 12-15 minutes, or until heated.
To reheat on the stove
Place a skillet over medium heat and add a little bit of oil. Unwrap the burrito and place it in the skillet; heat for about one minute per side or until heated properly.
Can you reheat taco bell quesadillas?
Yes, you can reheat taco bell quesadillas. Use either oven or microwave to heat the quesadillas.
To reheat in the oven:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, wrap in aluminum foil and place the quesadilla on a baking sheet. Heat for about 12-15 minutes.
To reheat in the microwave.
Place the quesadilla on a microwave-safe plate. Cover it with a damp kitchen towel and heat it for 10-15 seconds. Always check if it is warm enough and then only heat it further.
Heating for too long in the microwave can make them dry and rubbery.
Can you reheat taco bell nachos?
Yes, you can reheat taco bell nachos. We recommend reheating them in the oven or air fryer. You can preheat the oven at 350°F, wrap bell nachos in aluminum foil and place them on a baking sheet on a baking tray. Heat for 10-15 minutes.
To reheat in the air fryer.
Place the nachos in the air fryer and heat for about three minutes. You can heat more if the nachos are not heated enough.
How long does taco bell last?
Taco bells will last for two to three days in the fridge.
You can also freeze as the taco bells freeze well. They will last for two to three months in the freezer.
When reheating, heat until piping hot throughout to ensure food safety.
How to reheat taco bell fries?
Reheating taco bell fries is not a very good option as they will become soggy and hard.
If you must reheat, do so in the oven or air fryer.
To reheat in the oven.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place the fries on a baking sheet. Heat for about 12-15 minutes. Check and heat more if required.
To reheat in an air fryer
Place the fries in the air fryer and heat for about three minutes. You can heat it for more time if you feel that the fries are not heated properly. An air fryer is an excellent option for heating any fries.
You can deep fry the fries in oil if you want. I know it is not a healthy option, but it will give you the best crunchy and fresh fries. The color may be a bit dark, but the taste is excellent.
Taco Bell is one of the most popular Mexican fast-food chains in America. It is known for its delicious tacos, burritos, and quesadillas.
I hope this post helped teach you how to reheat taco bells. If you have any tips or tricks I missed, please feel free to comment below. Thanks for reading!