If you’ve ever made a big batch of enchiladas, you know they can be a bit of a pain to reheat. However, you don’t want them to come out dry and flavorless, so what’s the best way to reheat them? In this blog post, we’ll show you how to reheat enchiladas in the oven, so they come out tasting just as delicious as when they were first made!
Can you reheat the enchiladas?
Yes, you can reheat enchiladas! They are one of the easiest things to reheat because they’re already cooked. All you need to do is heat them until they’re warm all the way through.
How to reheat enchiladas?
There are three ways you can reheat this yummy dish.
- In oven
- In a skillet or pan
- An air fryer
How to reheat enchiladas in the oven?
The best way to reheat enchiladas is in the oven. However, it takes some time, and this method is unsuitable if you are in a hurry. But if you are reheating enchiladas for dinner, you can use the oven to reheat.
Here are the instructions on how to do it:
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, place the enchiladas on a baking sheet and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Heat them for about 10-15 minutes, or until they’re warm all the way through.
- To make them crunchy, remove the aluminum foil for the last 10 minutes.
How to reheat in a skillet?
If you don’t have an oven or are short on time, you can reheat your enchiladas in a skillet. Heating or cooking any food in a skillet on or Pan is my favorite. It is always less cumbersome and time taking.
Maybe I am more comfortable with a stovetop rather than the oven. But the method takes significantly less time as compared with the oven.
Here are the steps you need:
- Place a skillet on the heat. Cover the base with little oil. You can brush the bottom with oil.
- Place the enchiladas in the skillet over medium-high heat.
- S[rinkle some drops of water and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and heat for about five minutes,
- Serve hot.
How to reheat enchiladas in the air fryer?
If you have an air fryer, you can use it to reheat your enchiladas. The air fryer gives good results and is fast. If you have an air-fryer but no time, use it to reheat your leftover enchiladas.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the enchiladas in the air fryer and cook for about three minutes,
- Check if they are heated o need more time to heat.
- Don’t overheat, or they may burn and become dry.
How to heat enchiladas in the microwave?
A microwave may not be the best method to reheat the enchiladas. Therefore, the result will not be as good. But if you don’t have time and want to reheat the enchiladas in the microwave, follow these steps:
- Place them on a plate and poke holes to let the heat penetrate through.
- Cover with a damp paper towel.
- Heat on high for about 30 seconds to one minute.
- Check, and if required, you can heat more. Avoid overheating them, or they will become dry.
How to store?
Enchiladas can be stored in the fridge for up to four days. If you want to keep them longer, you can freeze them for up to three months.
When storing enchiladas in the fridge, please place them in an airtight container. This will help keep them fresh and prevent them from drying out.
If you’re freezing enchiladas, wrap them tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. This will help prevent them from freezer burn.
Enchiladas are one of the best things to have on hand for a quick and easy meal. But sometimes, they can be a bit of a pain to reheat.
How to reheat frozen enchiladas casserole?
If you have a casserole dish of frozen enchiladas, the best way to reheat them is in the oven. The oven works best for more significant amounts.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, place the frozen enchiladas in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes until they’re adequately heated.
How do you reheat the frozen enchiladas?
You can reheat the frozen enchiladas the same way as you heat refrigerated ones. The only extra step involved is thawing the enchiladas.
You can thaw them in the refrigerator or microwave overnight and reheat the oven.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, place the frozen enchiladas on a baking sheet and cover it with aluminum foil. Heat them for about 15 minutes or until they’re warm all the way through.
How long to reheat?
It depends on how you’re reheating them.
- If you’re reheating them in the oven, it will take about 15-20 minutes.
- If you’re reheating them in a skillet, it will take about five minutes.
- And if you’re using an air fryer, it will only take about three minutes.
There you have it! Three easy ways to reheat your enchiladas, so they come out tasting just as delicious as when they were first made! So next time you have leftovers, don’t let them spoil and throw them. Store and eat later.