I love onion rings. There’s something about the crispy, greasy, fried batter that makes my mouth water. But sometimes, I don’t eat all my onion rings, and they go wrong. If you’ve ever made onion rings at home, you know they can be painful to reheat.
The traditional way of reheating them is by frying them in a pan, which can be messy and time-consuming. In this article, we will show you how to reheat onion rings in the air fryer in just a few simple steps!
How to Reheat Onion Rings in the Air Fryer?
Place the onion rings in a single layer on the air fryer basket. Set the air fryer to 350°F and reheat for about three minutes. Enjoy your crispy, delicious onion rings!
As you can see, reheating your onion rings in the air fryer is quick and easy! No more pan frying or reheating in the oven. This is the best way to reheat your onion rings and have them taste just as good as fresh.
So next time you have some leftover onion rings, don’t throw them out; reheat them in the air fryer and enjoy!
There are two methods to reheat onion rings
- Air fryer
- Stove method
Air fryer method
- Preheat the air fryer to 350° for 5 minutes. Ensure the fryer is hot when putting your onion rings inside.
- Please place them in a single layer on the air fryer basket.
- Spray olive oil or any other oil of your choice on onion rings. You can also add oil before keeping them in the basket.
- Take onion rings in a bowl, add some olive oil, and mix it with onion rings with either of your hands. Or you can shake the bowl to let the oil mix with the onion rings.
- Reheat for about three minutes. And enjoy your crispy and tasty onion rings.
Don’t keep the temperature too high; otherwise, the rings will not be as tasty. On the other hand, low-temperature let onion rings get heated from the inside and don’t get burned outside.
- Take a pan and add some oil to the pan. The amount of oil will depend on the number of onion rings you want to heat.
- Heat the oil on medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion rings to the pan and remove them after 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Time taken to reheat the onion rings depends on the temperature of the oil. Oil should not be too hot. Or it will burn the rings from the outside, but the inside will not be that hot.
- Please take out your onion rings and keep them on a paper towel for a few minutes to remove excess oil. Don’t let them cool down on the paper towel.
Tips for reheating onion rings in the air fryer
- Reheat onion rings in a single layer so that they heat evenly.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- You can do it in batches if you want to reheat a large batch of onion rings.
- Reheat for just a few minutes or until they are heated properly
- You can add a bit of oil to help crisp them up.
Enjoy your reheated onion rings!
What temperature do you air fry onion rings?
The best temperature to air fry onion rings is 350F. Reheating them for a few minutes at this temperature will give you the best results.
How long does it take to reheat onion rings in the air fryer?
It should only take a few minutes to reheat. However, you don’t want to overcook them, or they will be tough. Heating onion rings at the correct temperature for 2-3 minutes gives the best results. The onion rings are adequately cooked from the inside out.
How can you use leftover onion rings?
Reheating is the best way to use leftover onion rings. You can reheat them in an air fryer or on the stove. If you are reheating on the stove, ensure the oil is not too hot.
High temperatures will burn the outside of the onion rings, but the inside will remain cold.
You can also add some dipping sauce to reheat onion rings. It will make them tastier.
Ketchup, BBQ sauce, honey mustard, ranch dressing, and buffalo sauce are some of the best sauces with reheated onion rings.
I like to eat my leftover onion tings with rice for crunch. If I don’t have cucumbers to eat with meals, I have to swap them with crunchy snacks. Eating cucumber with each meal is my habit, so fries or onion rings do the magic.
Can you reheat onion rings in the oven?
Yes, you can reheat onion rings in the oven, but we recommend using the air fryer for best results. The air fryer will give you crispier, tastier onion rings. To reheat in the oven, preheat the oven to 350F and reheat for a few minutes, or until heated.
Can you heat onion rigs in the microwave?
No, reheating onion rings in the microwave is not recommended as they will become soggy. Instead, if you want crispier, tastier onion rings, reheat them in the air fryer or oven.
How can I make my reheated onion rings crispy?
The best way to make reheated onion rings crispy is to reheat them in the air fryer. You can also add a bit of oil to help crisp them up. Reheating at the correct temperature for just a few minutes will also help make them crispy.
Do onion rings reheat well?
Yes, reheated onion rings are just as good as fresh ones! Ensure you reheat them properly so they are heated and crispy.
What oils can you use for reheating onion rings?
You can use any oil for reheating onion rings. Some people prefer olive oil, but you can also use vegetable oil or canola oil. You can also use Evo oil, a type of oil explicitly made for reheating food.
As you can see, reheating your onion rings in the air fryer is quick and easy! No more pan frying or reheating in the oven. This is the best way to reheat your onion rings and have them taste just as fresh.