When you’ve got a fresh, delicious donut in your hand, it’s hard to resist gobbling it all up at once. But sometimes you end up with more than you can eat and don’t want the rest to go to waste. The best part is donuts are stored well and can be reheated to taste fresh. So how do you reheat a donut, so it tastes just as good as the first time?
Can you reheat donuts?
Yes, you can reheat donuts in the microwave, oven, and air fryer. Microwave and oven give you the best results. Don’t reheat them too much or they will dry out.
You can reheat the donuts in the following way:
- In oven
- Airfryer and
- In a pan
How to reheat the donuts in an oven?
An oven is a good option for reheating donuts. You can reheat multiple donuts at once. First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, place the donuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Make sure they’re spaced out, so they don’t touch each other. Then bake for about five minutes
Here are the exact steps you need to reheat the donuts:
- Preheat the oven by setting it at 350°F.
- Sprinkle some water over the donuts
- Wrap the donuts in aluminum foil, so they don’t touch each other.
- Put the donuts on a baking tray and place them in preheated oven for about five to ten minutes or until to the required temperature.
Beware of the temperature of donuts as donuts can really get hot. Check the donuts by lightly touching your figure.
How to reheat the donuts in a microwave?
You can also reheat donuts in a microwave. Just place them on a plate and heat them for about 15 seconds, or until they’re warm.
If you’re short on time, the microwave is your best bet.
Follow these steps to heat the donuts;
- Place the donuts on a plate. Cover with a damp paper towel.
- Put the plate in the microwave and heat for 10-20 seconds. Always heat in 10 seconds intervals. I always start with 8-10 seconds intervals. You can continually heat more if required.
- If you want to reheat multiple donuts, you can do them in two or three batches. Please ensure not to overcrowd the plate, or they’ll end up steaming instead of heating through.
Microwave gives the best results for reheated donuts. The only catch is that you must eat the donut immediately, or it will become dry and stale.
Caution: Beware of the temperature of donuts as donuts can really get hot in the microwave. Check the donuts by lightly touching your finger.
If you have heated the cream-filled donut in the microwave, cut the donut first to check the temperature of the cream. It can be very hot from the inside and burn your mouth.
First, ensure that the donut is at the right temperature for eating.
How to reheat the donut in an air fryer?
If you want a crispy donut, reheat it in an air fryer set to 375 degrees F for about 90 seconds.
- Place the donuts in the air fryer basket, ensuring they’re not touching each other.
- Set the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the donut in an air fryer basket with parchment paper.
- And cook for 90 seconds.
The result will not be as good as you want. The donuts will be dry and not taste as good as the first time.
In my opinion, avoid air fryers for heating donuts. A microwave and oven are the best ways to reheat donuts.
How to reheat donuts in a pan?
You can also reheat donuts in a pan. Heat some oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and cook the donuts for about 30 seconds on each side. Heating in the pan is my favorite method. I can reheat anything in a pan. But it is not suitable for all food types, and glazed donuts are one of them.
If you want to reheat donuts in a pan, here are the required steps:
- Pour some oil into a frying pan and heat it over medium heat.
- Place the donuts in the pan, ensuring they’re not touching each other.
- Cook for 30 seconds on each side or until they’re warmed.
Reheating glazed donuts in the pan is not recommended as they will become dry and hard.
So, these are the ways you can reheat donuts. You can choose any method depending on your time and how crispy or soft you want your donut to be. If you’re short on time, go for the microwave. If you want a crispier donut, try the air fryer or pan methods.
How long can you store donuts?
You can store donuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days. After that, they’ll start to get stale and dry out. If you want to keep them fresh for longer, you can store them in the fridge for up to four days.
Freezing them is also one good option. For example, you can extend donuts’ shelf life by freezing them properly.
How to reheat frozen donuts?
If you have frozen donuts, don’t worry, they can be easily reheated. Just follow these steps:
- Take the donuts out of the freezer and let them thaw for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Wrap the donuts in aluminum foil, so they don’t dry out.
- Place the donuts on a baking sheet and bake for about five minutes until they’re heated properly.
You can also reheat frozen donuts in the microwave. Just place them on a plate and heat them for about 15 seconds, or until they’re warm.
Just make sure to thaw them out first, so they don’t dry out in the oven or microwave.
These are the best ways to reheat your donuts, so they taste as delicious as the first time. So, the next time you have some leftover donuts, don’t hesitate to reheat them using one of these methods. And if you want to keep them fresh for longer, remember to store them in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.