There are many answers on how to make coffee on the stove. If, for any reason, you cannot use your coffee maker to brew your cup of coffee, make one on the stove with the basic equipment in the kitchen. I will tell you how to make coffee on the stove.
When you wake up and try to brew your coffee, you may find that your coffee maker is not working, and you cannot get charged without the cup of joe. There is a simple method of using whatever utensils you have in the kitchen to get ready for the day.
How to make coffee on the stove?
To make coffee on the stove, you need coffee beans, water, a saucepan, coffee, and strainers. Boil water in a saucepan, extract coffee and filter, and pour in the cup. Your cup of coffee is ready to wake you up in the morning.
How to make coffee on the stove without a coffee grinder?
There are my ways to make coffee without a coffee grinder. Of course, you will be able to have your coffee ready without any expensive equipment.
1. In a saucepan
I have included this method as it doesn’t require a coffee maker. Here instead of the stove, the microwave is used to heat the water.
- Coffee beans
- A ladle
Measure the water according to your need and pour it into the saucepan. Add a little more water than you require in your cup because coffee beans will absorb water as well as it will evaporate while boiling.
Add coffee beans into the saucepan according to the cups you are making and stir it occasionally. Coffee beans settle at the bottom and may get burned if you will not stir them. Boil the water and coffee beans for 2-3 minutes on medium-high flame.
Please switch off the flame and let it cool to the required temperature. Starin the coffee in a cup using a strainer or slowly making sure the coffee beans remain in the saucepan.
You can even add creamer or milk if you want. I like my coffee with milk and some sweetener.
2. In a microwave
- Coffee grounds
- Milk (optional)
- Add required amount of water in a cup
- Microwave it for 2-3 minutes
- Stir in a tablespoon( or according to your taste) of coffee grounds in the cup of hot water
- Let it sit for 3-4 minutes
- Drink your cup, avoiding the sip from the bottom.
Pro tip: Please avoid the last sip of coffee in this method, as the coffee grounds will ruin your taste. Also, non-dissolving particles in coffee grounds can make your coffee bitter.
3. Coffee with a strainer
- Strainer ( a cloth or a strainer with excellent mesh size)
- coffee grounds
- Coffee mug
- Pour the required amount of water (according to the coffee cups you need) into the saucepan and boil water.
- Add coffee grounds measuring the amount you need according to the water taken. Stir it in and boul for around 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and strain the coffee in mugs with a strainer.
- All the dissolvable parts of the coffee will dissolve in the water, and the rest of the coffee material will stay in the strainer. This is the perfect way to make a cup of coffee without a coffee maker.
- Enjoy your cup of coffee immediately, as you don’t need to wait for coffee grounds to settle at the bottom.
This is one of my favorite way of making coffee on the stove.
How long does it take to make coffee at the stove?
Most of the above-mentioned methods can make coffee in under 10 minutes if everything else is ready. If your saucepan mugs are clean and you don’t have to clean them when you want to use, your coffee will be ready in a few minutes.
How to make cold coffee without a coffee maker
I am a huge fan of hot coffee, so I have different methods that can be used to prepare hot coffee without a coffee maker. To make cold coffee,
Use instant coffee
If you have instant coffee at home, you can easily make coffee with cold water and add ice cubes.
- Store-bought instant coffee: If you want to use store-bought instant coffee to make cold coffee, it is a simple dissolving coffee powder in cold water.
- Instant coffee with homemade coffee powder: Make your instant coffee powder at home and mix it in cold water. The homemade coffee powder will not dissolve properly, and undissolved coffee particles will settle at the bottom.
- Avoid sipping the last sip to avoid the bitterness of the undissolved coffee powder.
You don’t need fancy machines and equipment to make a cup of joe. Basic things in the kitchen can make your cup of coffee. A saucepan, coffee grounds, or coffee beans are enough to make a cup of coffee.